Questions and Answers
1. Is it too late to sign up for the Cruise?
Deadline has been lifted. Contact our cruise director, Wendy Segal, at 1-877-890-9330 ext 2319 or email her at Wendys@Tzell.com. Also, download the Cruise Registration Form from our Cruise Page and fax it to Wendy to complete the cruise registration.
2. Am I all set after registering with Wendy?
No. You must also complete the Alumnae Registration. There is a fee of $50 for each alumnae.
You will find the form on our Cruise Page.
Contact with Kathy Giannini at kkgianni @aol.com or Magdalen Yum at Magdalensf2@yahoo.com.
The $50 fee will ensure that you will be included with the Maryknoll activities on board the ship.
3. Am I all set after just registering with Kathy or Magdalen?
The WWR registration is a 2 step process.
1. Register with Kathy or Magdalen using the Alumnae Registration Form on our Cruise Page.
2. Register for the Cruise with Wendy using the Cruise Registration Form on our Cruise Page.
4. Why do I have to book the cruise through Wendy?
Can I book directly with Royal Carribean or through my own travel agent?
You do not have to book the cruise through Wendy. However if you do, we will be able to secure free rooms for the Sisters and free amenities from Royal Carribean. If you choose to book your cruise from your own source, make sure you register with Kathy or Magdalen so that we know that you are on board and we will include you in all the Maryknoll activites e.g. dinner, mass, special talk and cocktail party.
5. I heard that this is Worldwide Reunion is for both MCS and MSS?
Yes, indeed. We are very excited about this. The Maryknoll sisters are especially thrilled. Sister Rose Duchesne said she can see real unity between the two schools for the first time during her lifetime. Many of the Maryknoll sisters taught in both schools e.g. Sister Rose Duchesne and Sister Margaret Shepherd.
6. Who are the teachers and guests that are coming to the cruise?
Father Louis Nichols, San Anthony Church in Mendocino
Sr. Martha Bourne
Sr. Ann Carol Brielmaier
Sr. Joanna Chan
Sr. Earnest Chung
Sr. Joan Delaney
Sr. Rose Duchesne
Sr. Jeanne Houlihan
Sr. Teresa Leung
Sr. Margaret Shepherd
Sr. Geraldine Silva
Sr. Ruth Marie O'Donnell
Sr. Corrinne Rost
Sr. Marilou Teufel
Sr. Angela Paulette Yeung
Sr. Sheila Crowe
Lee Hak Lam-MSS
Marie Louise Rocha- MSS & MCS
Zella Remedios Kotala-MCS
7. Is the Worldwide Reunion Committee 2007 sponsoring any activities other than the reunion on the cruise ship?
All official reunion activities will be on the 3 day cruise. Many classes will be organizing their own mini reunion prior to and after the cruise. Please contact your class representative for information.
8. Are there lodgings in San Pedro where we can spend a night or two prior or after the cruise reunion?
Yes. Wendy Segal has made arrangement with the Crowne Plaze Hotel, San Pedro for special rates.
Please contact Wendy directly at 1-877-890-9330 extension 2319 or 1-212-944-2121 extension 2319
or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the Crowne Plaza Hotel reservations. If you stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, you will have free shuttle service to the cruise ship.
9. Do we need to bring our Passports?
Yes, you need to bring your current and valid passports. All passengers need passports including children for proper identification. Check the validity of your passports and or obtain passports for children rightaway as it takes time ie at least 2-3 months for the Passport Agency to process them.
10. Which are the airports closest to the port of San Pedro where the ship is docked?
Los Angeles International (LAX) is 25 miles From San Pedro
Long Beach Airport is 15 miles from San Pedro
11. We would like to help out and donate to the reunion? What should we do?
Thank you in advance. You may send checks made payable to :
Maryknoll Worldwide Reunion 2007
P.O. BOX 292
Alamo, CA 94507
Any monies left over from the reunion will be sent to the retired Maryknoll Sisters Fund.
12. What are the interesting sights to visit in Los Angeles before and after the cruise?
Los Angeles is a treasure trove of fun places to visit. Here are a few:
Universal Studios www.univeralstudios.com
Magic Mountain www.sixflags.com/parks/magicmountain
Knotts Berry Farm www.knotts.com
Beverly Hills www.beverlyhills.org
Rodeo Drive www.laavenue.com/rodeo
The Getty Museum www.getty.edu/museum
LA Philharmonic www.laphil.com
LA Opera www.laopera.com
LA County Museum of Art www.lacma.org
Queen Mary in Long Beach www.queenmary.com
13. Where do we board the Cruise Ship?
The Port of Los Angeles World Cruise Center in San Pedro.
14. How do I get to San Pedro if I am arriving at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)?
LAX is 25 miles away from San Pedro. There is no free airport transfer provided by Royal Caribbean.
You may choose the following :
a) Reserve airport transfer service to San Pedro from Royal Carribean at $26 per person and you may contact our cruise director Wendy Segal to arrange that. This service is only available at LAX and on the day of the cruise.
b) Take Los Angeles Airport Shuttle to The Port of Los Angeles World Cruise Center in San Pedro. Call 1-800-311-5466 to get time schedule and rates.
c) Take taxi
15. How do I get to San Pedro if I am arriving at Long Beach Airport?
Long Beach airport is 15 miles away from San Pedro.
a) Take Airport Shuttle
b) Take taxi
Note: There is no Royal Caribbean airport transfer service available at Long Beach Airport.
16. When is boarding time?
Boarding starts at 12:30pm. If you are flying in at LAX or Long Beach Airport, make sure your flight arrives before 11am. As an alternative, arrive a day in advance. Our cruise director can help you reserve a room at the Crowne Plaza Hotel SanPedro for the night before. Crowne Plaza Hotel San Pedro provides free shuttle to the pier.
17. I have a question that isn't on this page. Who can I contact?
Feel free to email Kathy Giannini at kkgianni @aol.com or Magdalen Yum at Magdalensf2@yahoo.com with any additional questions.